Before You Apply
Code of Conduct:
Volunteers must uphold the public trust and act in an ethical manner. Our commitment to the highest level of ethics is demonstrated by our core values of respect, accountability, partnerships, responsiveness, commitment, integrity, and perseverance.
- Volunteers need to stay from 9.30-12.30. (depending on availability)
- Volunteers must wear the bibs provided.
- Perform all duties with honesty and integrity.
- Treat all people viz co volunteers and service users with respect and dignity without regard to race, creed, religion/no religion, physical appearance, gender, colour, national origin, age, disability or other protected status
- Duties for each section have been listed on the Details of Duties form attached please read carefully.
- Please ensure to carry out duties in a conscientious manner bearing in mind the reason for you offering your services.
- Promptly report any improper discriminatory behaviour, sexual harassment, illegal activities or other violations of this code to Mohammed Lockhat or to an acting head.
- Please be aware, however, that abusive, threatening or violent behaviour will not be tolerated in this centre. The Police will be notified. Volunteers behaving in this way are likely to be removed from the premises and prosecuted where applicable.
- Duties given as per the need on your arrival which may be in any of the following sections:
- Taking out stock, Parcels distribution & packing, Bread distribution & packing, fresh produce distribution, Sorting & Packing shelves(donated items), Serving clients, kitchen duties, clearing up
- If you have completed duties or clearing up in your section please assist in other sections that require help
At The Peace Centre Food Bank we take data protection very seriously. Your details will be held on file and will not be released to any third party.