OUR HISTORY AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- More or less settled into our new premises.
- Plans to improve the centre, so as to improve the quality of our services to service users, have been approved by the local authority.
- We are currently arranging to get started with building works. However we have to be mindful of the building works affecting current services. Hence we will start with these at a time when it will cause minimal disruption to services offered.
- The food bank which was started in November 2013 has been very welcomed among the community.
- So far over 2000 food parcels have been handed out which amounts to approximately £30,000.00 worth of groceries. These have been very beneficial to the 173 pensioners, single parents/families & individuals who are registered with the food bank. These numbers regularly increase due to the various cuts being made & the current economic climate.
- We have table tennis & a pool table for centre users. There is also an outdoor ball court which is used regularly by many of the children who attend at the centre.
- We have weekly adult classes. We also hold daily classes for children aged between 5 & 16. Classes run for 2 hours generally during term time. This assists in giving children a positive outlook in life, understanding Islam better & also helps towards community cohesion. This service also ensures children are not loitering around after school & getting up to mischief which is becoming all too common.